Vines Legal Logo

Vines Legal Limited

Matrimonial & Family Law Specialists

Progressive • Dedicated • Persistent

Call today for your free initial, no obligation, consultation on 01246 555 610 for immediate, friendly and professional advice.

Domestic Abuse and Addiction in Children Cases

Engaging a family Solicitor may be necessary if your children are in danger. In domestic abuse and addiction situations, you may try to protect your children from what is really happening by playing it down or not talking about it.

The truth is that most children are aware of the abuse. As many as 90% of children are in the same room or in the next room when domestic abuse occurs. According to, in households where there is ongoing domestic violence, 50% of children are also being directly abused by the same person.

Understandably people who are victims of this abuse hope it will stop and want to try to keep the peace. It is important however to bear in mind that continuing to remain in an abusive situation can result in a significant risk for yourself and any children involved.

Contact your Family Solicitor

Remedies available to you could be to involve the police and/or getting the protection of the legal system. This is where a solicitor can help. You should tell your solicitor if the other party has threatened you, hurt you physically or sexually, controlled or isolated you or has behaved in an emotionally abusive way towards you.

In an event where the police are unable to help then your solicitor will be able to advise you about getting an injunction, which would prevent further abuse or remove the other party from your home.

Your solicitor can also advise you about making arrangements for your children and the other party spending time together that do not expose either you or the children to these risks.

Get in touch with vines legal today for further advice.



If you need any advice then we offer a FREE initial meeting, call us on 01246 555610 to book in today!

By Emma Newman on 25 Apr 2018, 15:20 PM

Why choose Vines Legal?

Request a Callback

See if we can help...